General Assembly Update
March 5, 2008
TELL STATE LEGISLATORS “FIX THE REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION FUNDING PROGRAMS NOW!“
The Virginia Supreme Court has ruled that the taxing authority the General Assembly gave to The Hampton Roads and Northern Virginia Transportation Authorities is unconstitutional.
The General Assembly is scheduled to adjourn on Saturday, March 8th.
The following legislators have been appointed to work out a solution for the regional funding packages:
- House Majority Leader, Morgan Griffith (R) Salem
- Delegate Kirk Cox, (R) Colonial Heights
- Delegate Sam Nixon (R) Chesterfield
- Senate Majority Leader Richard Saslaw (D) Fairfax
- Senate Transportation Committee Chair Yvonne Miller, (D) Norfolk
- Senator Roscoe Reynolds, (D) Martinsville
These regional funding packages would have added over $500 million a year in funding for transportation.
Tell legislators you want them back to the table now. Tell them you want a solution for the regional transportation funding programs now.
To email the above six legislators, .
For contact information to e-mail other House and Senate members, click here.
© 2012. Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
620 Moorefield Park Drive, Suite 120, Richmond, Virginia 23236-3692
(804) 330-3312 Fax: (804) 330-3850 E-mail: